Default system 32 folder ???? where did it go??

I have to admit I was trying to install windowblinds, trial version ... uninstalled to about 2 weeks ago, just doing a system check, I've discovered that my system 32 folder is missing.

Nothing out of the ordinary

High end computer (needs no upgrades) xp home

I know it was there 2 weeks ago

Pretty sure it is still there or you would not be using the PC.

Open Windows Explorer & Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and untick "hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
    Click "Apply" then "OK"

In the search box select all files and folders, search for this entry:

svchost.exe

It is a required C:\WINDOWS\system32\ file. This is assuming the OS is C-drive.

Maybe it was renamed.

BG

hee hee

Oh yea its still there, and exactly right, if it werent there I would not be able to use the pc at all.

I was beginning to think that the memory was starting to go ... (previous ram problems), then out of the blue, the wife says that she cant get her xp theme to work. HUH????????

the entire problem was in the display properties. she changed from xp view to classic view (win98) windows.

When she changed to the classic view, EVERYTHING changed. -learned my lesson, and thankyou for the help Basementgeek