Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default :!: :!: c-media ac97 problems please help I have no sound:!:

ok I went to my computer and right clicked and went to properties and selected hardware device manger and when I get to that list c-media ac97 audio device has a exclamtion point in front of it and when I click on that and go to resources it says that the device is not using and resources because it has a problem :!: :!:

Hi jeff - Please keep it all together otherwise it is going to get confusing. Go to the link in your other post and download and install the driver. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default no link

in my first post I did'nt have a link in it

What I meant was to go to my link in your first thread. This is the duplicated link -
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/cmedia-9738.html
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default still having problems

ok I downloaded the link and installed and everything is still the same

Default help

ok I went to c-media device and updated it and it said that everything went great and that for it to work I needed to restart and I did so and still nothing works

Hi - My last suggestions, there may be input from others.

1. 'Start'>Run>Type in dxdiag and click ok. On the 'System' page of dxdiag at the bottom of the list what version of DirectX is installed? The latest version is 9.0c. If you don’t have it then download it here before going any further. This may be enough to fix the problem if you don’t have it (9.0c)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dir...ds/default.htm

Work your way through the various dxdiag 'tabs'. You will see various tests. Run them all. Errors will be displayed in the bottom pane of dxdiag. Note any errors.

2. Switch off power to the pc at the wall socket. Remove the cover of the PC. Touch a bare metal part of the computer to discharge static. Ensure all cards are pushed firmly into their sockets. Replace the cover and switch on. Did it work Y/N?

3.Go to 'Device Manager' and click on the + to expand the list. Right Click the problem device and then click uninstall. Switch off the computer. Switch on again and see if it 'Detects New Hardware' and installs it correctly.

Could be the c-media ac97 is dead/dying. Regards

jeff:

Please do not start more threads on this problem, stay with this one.

Use the post reply button at the bottom of this page.

Your other 2 posts have been locked.

BG

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What operating system are you using? If 98 SE, suggest you try updating to service pack 2.1a and see if that helps. Download here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ice-Pack.shtml .

Eloo,i too have same problem as jeffdavis...and i still cant find a solution how to repair it...

btw jeffdavis did the solution they gib works on ur computer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast