Default To System operators:What is problem with Norton?

Hi,

I am new to this site. I see in one of the posts that the operators do not like Norton and I wnat to know why. It is popular here in Mexico and used on many computers. I am curious becuse if there is problem with it then I will buy another program.
    gracias
    Hector

Hi sync - Opinions vary. I have always used Norton and am happy with it.
    It does use a lot of computers resources. Many here prefer AVG anti virus. It's available free, for private use here -
    http://www.download-it-free.com/avg/
    A popular Firewall , also free, is available here -
    http://www.download.com/3000-2092-10039884.html
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

IMHO Symantec (Norton Products) are huge resource hogs. If you have a fast computer with allot of memory and a fast CPU this isn't a problem. But for the average computer user with an older system there are far better alternatives. Just my opinion
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I am probably the last post that almost "bashed Norton" I had for 2 years at about $2.00 a month USD ($25.00 a year) and hated it. Always seemed to have problems when I tried to down load something.

If it works for you and you are not having problems, I would suggest that you stay with it.

I would rather run naked through a blizzard than use it again

Again just my opinion

BG

NORTON! i would rather pat a mean junkyard dog than touch norton. and that goes for mcfee too or whatever it is. Antivir, AVG or Avast anyday for me!
    we are created with an equal opportunity to be unequal.