Thread: System Recovery

Default System Recovery

I did an Non-Destructive System Recovery and it said in order restart press ctrl+alt and delete because the ntldr is compressed. The only screen it will bring me to the full system recovery. How can I same all my data ?

An NTLDR is compressed error is pretty easy to fix(much better then NTLDR is missing errors!).

First you need to boot to the recovery console.

To boot to the recovery console follow these steps:
    1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. Click(or press any key) to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
    2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    3. When prompted type "1" or if you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
    4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
    5. Now you should be at the comman prompt and ready to repair the ntldr file!

Now all you need to do is enter the following commands(in order) and each command on a new line just like you see them here:

Code:
    cd \
    attrib -c ntldr
    exit

Your computer should now reboot, and everything "should" work!
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.