Default Computer no reconize my internal cdr drive

Hi,

I currently have problem with the cd r drive of my vomputer. This been going on for some time so i buy a external drive. The problem is that i have internal cdr drive and my computer no reconize it except my external drive which it does. Before i had virus on my computer and i took my computer to my friend who got rid of it but after that my cdr not reconized anymore.
    Does somone have any idea as to the problem with my computer and how to fix it.
    gracias

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Please give us more information on your computer .. also what operating system are you using (XP, ME, 98).

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Whenever there is a hardware problem the first port of call is the Systems manager.
    CLick Start, Control Panel, System, Click on Hardware then Device manager.
    A Yellow exclamation mark indicates a driver problem.
    With the CD drive it may not show this mark. Open the line, double click on the Drive and choose uninstall. Reboot.
    Windows should find New Harware.
    If this fails shut down the system, unplug the drive and boot up. Shut down and reconnect the dsrive and boot up. Again XP should find new hardware.
    if this fails then check or replace cables. Make sure the drive is set to master if it is the only drive on that IDE flat lead or master if another drive sharing the lead is set to master.
    If this fails buy a new drive.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.