Default Need help with linux internet connection

Help! I just installed Suse 10 as a second operating system on my computer. It shows that I am online but I am unable to connect to any sites or my messenger service. I know I must have something configured wrong but I am a newbie to linux and have no idea what or where to look. I am including a pic to show the error message I am getting. It shows me online but also says no proxy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

How do you connect- dial up, cable, dsl? It is most likely a driver issue for your modem or network card. Linux comes with most drivers, but sometimes you have unsupported hardware. Charlie

Hi!
    I use dial-up and an external US Robotics modem. It shows that I am online but I don't hear the modem dialing so not sure. It does show the modem in my hardware so it is at least recognised to that point. Maybe I need to download some type of driver or software to go with the modem? It works fine in windows and is supposed to be compatible with linux so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong or what to try.

Hi - What model is the modem?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi!
    Its a U.S. Robotics V.92 USB faxmodem model # USR5633A

Hi - The driver you want is at this link. You will probably need to scroll down the page. Disconnect your modem before installing the driver.

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/21...-download.html
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

This is a connection for Linux modem drivers, it is a little confusing, but there is a utility to scan your computer to identify your modem chipset. Once you find it, it is still not as straight forward as installing a Windows driver. Charlie

http://www.linmodems.org/