Default need help please

ok when I start my computer up I get a message that says for the title it says c:\program~1\softwa~1\soproc.exe and then it says that windows cannot find `c:\program~1\softwa~1\soproc.exe` make sure that you typed it crrectly and then try again. well I try to search for it and I get nothing. This all happened about a few weeks ago when I got a virius on soproc.exe and i went into safemode and got ride of it and ever since I did that I have been getting this message what can I do

Please read this before asking your question

I use this template in another forum I co-manage and it has worked well. It's very difficult for us to help you without knowing at the very least the operating system you are running.

When asking questions here please supply as much information as possible. It isn't easy to help you solve problems without some of this information. If you dont know all of this information please provide as much as you know or ask us and we can point you in the direction of some great system information tools to help you in this regard.

Computer Manufacturer:
    Computer Model:
    Operating System:
    CPU:
    Hard drive size:
    Amount of memory installed:
    Sound card:
    Video adapter:
    When did the problem start:
    What you were doing when the problem first appeared:
    Any new software or hardware installed recently:
    Any other information you think might help.

Finally, remember that everyone here is a volunteer. No one gets paid to post answers to questions. Please exercise patience while waiting for a response.

If you have success with one of the responses, please post back and let everyone know what worked for you. Of course, a big thank you to all who have assisted in fixing your problem is always appreciated and the only real payment our members receive for their time.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

ok sorry about that I am running win xp I have a 75 gig hard driveI really don't know that much else abou the computer my step dad built the computer for me and I really don' know what else is on here. if you need any other info please let me know

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

soproc.exe is an advertising program by SoftwareOnline. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.
    Go here and follow all the steps http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Pro...Hijackers.html . After you've finished, paste your HJT log to this thread. You obviously didn't get rid of it all.