Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trying to get rid of an error message...

I keep getting the following error message on my computer:

"bcmwltry.exe - Unable To Locate Component"
    "This application has failed to start because AegisE5.dl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I have a dell inspition laptop. How do I fix this so this message and get it to go away??

Thanks!

Cedar

What are you doing when you get this error message? Are you running a certain program when it pops up?

The error message came up after I installed a new wireless card on my computer. I tried turning off the computer and starting it up again and the error message still comes up. I also tried to re-install the wireless card software/drivers but that did not work either.

Thanks!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

This process is not really needed to run the wireless card. Go to Start> Run> type in msconfig > Startup tab. Scroll down to the entry bcmwltry.exe and uncheck the box next to it > OK. A window will open, select restart> After windows opens again, a config information window will open, check the box that says 'to not show window again' >OK.

Hopefully this will get rid of the message. Other than that, is your wireless card working OK?

Hi Canuck,

i followed your instructions, but "bcmwltry.exe" is not listed in the startup tab. Any other suggestions?

Cedar

Is your wireless card working. This error can also be caused by a second Broadcom application.

How do I stop a second broadcam application and get rid of the error message?

When you reinstalled the soft ware did you uninstall the previous one? If not uninstall it .settings>control pannel>add\remove programs Remove the broadcom or your network software and reinstall it again.

Still no luck on this.....I just got rid of the second wireless application and now have one, plus the same error message.

That's is far as i can take you,Perhaps someone else will help.Type ageise5.dll into google and search it.The Broadcom software conflicts with stuff somtimes,I can't find the solution for you.It's possible the ageise5.dll is bad i believe this is driver related but not a 100%SURE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast