Default Removing MS Netmeeting

I've got an older desktop I'm cleaning up. I notice it has Microsoft's Netmeeting. I wasn't familiar with it, but it didn't look all that secure, so I went to uninstall it and found it has no uninstall.

Then I did a bit more googling of it and found out it REALLY wasn't secure. Seems it leave all sorts of vunerablities. I was wondering what to use to get this off? I found this
    http://www.fileedge.com/Cat/Security...etmeeting.html

wondered if people here had other suggestions? (I did a search of the board but didn't see anything.)

thanks,
    doc

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What operating system are you using? 98 or XP? Here are the instructions, but depending on your operating system the command is different. First open C: drive and see if you have C:\Windows, if you have, then go to Start > Run > copy this line RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINDOWS\inf\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Remove and paste it in Run >OK and let it uninstall Netmeeting.

If your OS has C:\WINNT instead then copy and paste this instruction RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINNT\inf\msnetmtg.inf,NetMtg.Remove >OK and again let it uninstall Netmeeting.

Keep us posted

What operating system are you using? 98 or XP?
    (duh, brain fart) Windows 98.

Here are the instructions,
    Worked like a champ, thanks.

doc

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Glad it worked for you Doc.