Default freezing mouse cursor

Computer=Compaq Presario 5000 series
    Processor=Pentium 3
    Operating System=WinME
    Memory=128MB

for some reason when i am on the internet sometimes my mouse freezes up for a little bit then i gain control with it again ive tried a differnt mouse thinking maybe it had something to do with the mouse cord but the same problem still persists and ive tried going into my systems graphics and lowering my hardware acceleration down 2 notches but that didnt seem to solve the problem so im not to sure what else to do to solve the problem to stop my mouse from freezing up if anyone knows how i can solve this problem that would be great.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have you cleared your temp files etc ? Try a disk cleanup and defrag.

Default i have tried disc cleanup and defrag

i have tried doing disc cleanup and defrag in the past but that still hasnt solved the issue

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

How much free space do you have left on your hard drive and how big is the hard drive? Also depending on the size of the programs you're running, if they're memory hungry 128 RAM may not be enough.

Default you might be right

I think your right because my system memory shows 21% free and yea thats not much, do you think this may be the cause of the problem? would you have any idea what size of memory i should buy? and if i install the memory will i still have all my data on my computer that i currently do?

well...i restarted my computer and now it says i have 59% free system resources but pretty much all my icons are black although the programs still work im worried because most of them are black. I took a screenshot of my desktop to show you a better visual cause its pretty hard to describe. This isnt the first time this has happend i usually do a disk defrag and they come back but that still doesnt seem to fix the problem of my icons going black

but my computer says i have 127 MB of RAM

what type of memory would i need to buy to fix this problem?

Hi bryan - Go to this link and check for ME updates
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/update/default.asp

Go to this link and download and run this free program. Your existing RAM should be detailed under the heading 'Memory Modules' -
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

To determine your memory type and how much you can add see the link below.

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Default finished memory scan

well i did both scans and it says i have 2 memory slots the first one has 128MB RAM and the other one is empty. it says i can add 128MB or 256MB of memory how much memory would you suggest i add to that empty slot 128MB or 256MB?

ps.
    it says the type of memory i can add is 168-pin DIMM
    the prices of are....128MB for $60 and 256MB for $32