Default Windows/mouse, touchpad

I have formatted and reinstalled XP. Until now everything worked fine, but since I reinstalled the XP the mouse/touchpad scroll is working extremely slowly and when I try to move the windows with the mouse again it is extremely slow. I have tried to figure out what happened, but I gave up.

Can somebody help me out??!!

In control panel/performace maintainance/adjust visual effects I put on the "best appearance" and even then it is not working properly.

Ervin

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

A little more info on you lapotop would be helpful. I take it it is a laptop since you mention 'touchpad'. Go to the manufacturer's web site and download the latest drivers for your model .. don't rely on MS drivers for non- MS hardware.

Thanks for the tip. I installed another driver for the touchpad and things are better. However, when I drag the windows it is still extremely slow. Any ideas how can I fix this?

My laptop: Compaq Presario R3000, Intel 2.8 Ghz, 256 RAM, 30 HDD

Another interesting thing is that when I check the RAM, it shows me only 240... How can I set it back to 256?

Thanks,
    Ervin

I followed your previous advice with touchpad and I downloaded another driver for my monitor. Amazingly everything works, dragging is ok.

However, I still did not manage how to set the RAM back to 256.

Ervin

Hi bartis - Basically, you can't. It may be that there is a problem with a section of the RAM. You are running XP, 240MB RAM. XP is much 'happier' with 512MB. Your computer has room for more. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome