Default Problems/Laptop screen/ATI Radeon 9100

Since I have reinstalled my OS I cannot set my screen as before. The quality is not so good and even when I watch DVD on my comp, the screen is not as it should be.

I have a Compaq Presario R3000 Intel, the screen in ATI Mobility Radeon 9100.

I have tried eveything from downloading the driver from the ATI site and other sources, updating the driver and also tried to tune it, but until now nothing works.

In normal use the problem is not so visible, but when I watch DVD it is quite annoying. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks,
    Ervin

Member Help2Go Moderator

Did you try to install the driver that's available on the HP Site?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=ob-32593-1

Yes, I have tried, but it is the same.
    HELP!

Hi bartis - A couple of things you could try -

1. 'Start'>'Run'>Type in dxdiag and click ok. This opens Direct X Diagnostics. Under the 'System' tab at the bottom of the list is the version of Direct X that you have loaded. This should be version 9.0c. If you don't have Direct X 9.0c you can download it here - http://www.tucows.com/preview/194328
    Also work your way through the various Direct X Diagnostics tabs. You will see various tests that you can run. Run them all. Errors, if any, will be displayed in the bottom pane of the Diagnostics after each test.

2. Do you have a red and white ATI icon in your taskbar, down by the clock? If yes, right click the icon. You should hopefully have 'Settings' and 'Troubleshooting' options that may help narrow the problem down.
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome