Default I need help PLEASE! Cannot download attachments or programs

I am running WinXP,IE6,512mb ram,AMD Athlon 1.8ghz.When I try to download any attachments or programs online,it won't "open" or "save". I have ran the following: Adaware,Spybot S&D,Windows Defender,Advanced Spyware remover,a-sqaured,evido,x-block,netguard lite,avg,avast,and have Zone Alarm free edition.I also ran check disk.I tried reinstalling yahoo toolbar(after uninstalling).I have reinstalled adobe acrabat reader(after uninstalling).
    Sometimes,I can save a file to desktop...but I know where it will save it,so I put my cursor over where it will be and keep clicking in that spot,as it will show up there for a second and then disappear.It doesn't always allow me to do this,sometimes it has a file error(missing information?).Hopefully,this is enough info,but if not,ask please.Thanks sooooo much in advance for your help!-George :lol:

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

When you say attachments are you talking about Email attachments.
    If you use Outlook it is set by default to block all atttachments. You need to change the settings.
    Oh by the way you only need one anti virus and two anti spyware application. I suggest you uninstall the others and keep Adaware and spybot, avg and zone alarm.
    having that many causes huge conflicts.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.