Default New home office PC set-up.

I am having a having a new PC delivered which will be for home/work use and I'll be on the net for extended periods. I am looking for advice as to which security programs I should purchase/download to protect myself as much as possible. I receive McAfee Security free from my ISP but what else do you think I should acquire?

Have a read here:

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Pro...Hijackers.html

Not sure I would trust my ISP providing my anti virus. Many of us here use the Free AVG, also we use the free zone alarm. My new Dell came with McAfee and it was one of the first I deleted. Stayed with my free AVG.

I use all our free recommend sites and they have kept me out of trouble for over 2 years now.

Please don't try to run more than one anti virus or more than one firewall.

BG

I agree with Basementgeek. I use AVG and Zone Alarm Free. For spyware, I would recommend Windows Defender and SpywareBlaster, available as free downloads. I run 5 computers with this setup and have stayed clean (A little common sense goes a long way too- if you play in the dirt, you'll get dirty.)
    Charlie

I too have used the free edition of AVG and never have had a problem, I just got a new pc and it comes with a free addition of Norton I think....I am pondering as to if I am going to not install it and just download the avg again on the new one