Default WMP9 mini player mode not working

Hi. This is my first question here Hope someone can help me out.

I am using Windows Media Player (WMP) 9, however for some reason, the mini-player with buttoms that appear on the task bar when WMP is minimized is not functioning anymore. Can any one help?

The mini player function used to work. But not anymore, even when I right click the task bar -> Toolbars -> press Windows Media Player. It 'tick' just won't appear on WMP, but for other toolbars there's no problem (e.g. quick launch, language bar, etc).

I am using Windows XP Pro, with all the latest patches installed.

Any ideas why it is not working?

Thanks in advance.

I recommend you update to 10 & see if that resolves the problem. Please see the link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...0/default.aspx
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I did have a thought about that, but I don't quite like the interface of WMP10 and also bcos I am using a slow computer PII 400Mhz, trying to keep things using minimum resources.

Do you know if there is also a WMP 9 installer that I can reinstall? or could be access from the windows xp cd (from under the add windows component section?) ?

Ok i found the wmp9 download from MS site, will give it a try, if doesn't work out, I'll give wmp10 a try. Will let you know. CHeers.

I reinstalled WMP9, still can't resolve the problem. Then I tried installing WMP10, but it also can't resolve the problem.

Anybody got any ideas? Or registry thingy to check out?

Cheers.

Did you try uninstalling media player first before reinstalling it?
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone

Yes uninstalled it, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.

I also tried run -> 'regsvr32 wmp.dll', which had solve similiar problem for some others, but doesn't work for me