Default using Meebo for instant messenger!!

I am thinking about trying Meebo, it is suppose to let you chat with your friends online but without downloading anything. Is this a good idea and has anyone out there tried this? Im looking for feedback... Thanks ratracey

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It sounds like a promising program according to a number of reviews. Take a look at this one, there are a few limitations http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...ck=1&cset=true

Like many free programs, there is a chance of risk. There will be cookies involved and possible ads/spam generated for you. They do provide no personal, so they say, to third party vendors. You can read here, follow the links, and decide for yourself.

http://blog.meebo.com/?page_id=103

It is just like surfing the web, be very careful what links you click on.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I would guess that your friends would also require some form of registration.
    There are masses of Instant Messengers out there, all vying for some position. Most are free sort of (Ad Supported)
    One nice easy text one is Google Talk. It is worth a look and has some nice features that can link up with google mail.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Hi Rattracey

I have been using Meebo ever since I saw it on help2go. Its a great little web app, barebones, albeit with nothing flashy about it like Trillian. There are no pop ups or ads whatsoever. I love it because you don't have to install anyting on your computer and it can be accessed from anywhere where there is an internet connection.
    If you are worried about cookies, then run CC Cleaner after each session.
    Bob