Thread: about.blank

Default about.blank

Need help getting rid of this pesky maggot. It's called the puper.dll trojan and it just won't leave. It has taken over my home page and left me with about.blank. Mcafee sends me a periodic message saying that it has deleted the file but it's back a short time later.

I have run adaware, and used CC Cleaner and scanned with Ewido in Safe Mode based on previous advice, but it just won't die. :evil:

Could sure use some sound advice!

Hi Stitcher - Follow this link -
    http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/
    Run through the processes and post a HiJack This Log in this thread by clcicking on 'Post Reply' below. One of the Spyware Experts will advise what to do when they are online. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

This may or may not help, see the link below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/aboutbuster.php
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I am happy to say that my problems have been resolved because of this web site. I should have posted in the virus & spyware section. After exploring that section I found someone with the same problem I was having. Steamwiz straightened him out, and following the same advice I was saved. No more puper Trojan.

Thanks for the help as I would not have been able to resolve this without formatting to kill it.

Final thought - Every post I went to had one thing in common. They all were using McAfee Anti Virus with a McAfee firewall when they caught a virus or Trojan. Doesn't seem to me that it works very well.

Just my experience.

Thanks for the feedback
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome