Thread: .dll error

Default .dll error

When I try to download anything I get an error that states this for example

AOL Download Utility 2.0.7.1.1 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: aoldnld[1].exe AppVer: 2.0.7.1 ModName: nview.dll
    ModVer: 6.13.10.3082 Offset: 00009d6f

ANY IDEA ON HOW TO FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you using multiple displays?

If 2.0.7.1.1 is an IP address, can't find any such thing.

BG

This error happens everytime I try to download and program. I get a error stating the program encountered a problem and needs to close. I don't know why I can't download any file or program. Please reply. Looking for advice.

.dll files are functions and data that windows makes for programs to use, makes them run basically.

Is the problem when you are downloading, or when you goto install the program?

Have you done a virus scan since the problem started?

Anything else you can think of?

Are you running more than one display as BG asked. If not you may need to disable nview in your start up programs.This program can cause many problems .

Default .dll

I have problems when I go to install. I have ran norton anti-virus a complete scan and no viruses. I do see nview on my start up programs. How do I disable. Thank you Praetorian and Zep for helping.

Still have not answered the question about dual monitors

This is just a personal comment/opinion. This is about the worst combination a person can run. AOL and Norton, are just huge resource hogs

BG

Nview is a program from Nvidia, it is probably on your PC because you have an Nvidia graphics card/motherboard components.

The reason people are asking if you have 2 monitors is because there might be a problem with Nvidia and your monitor setup, so please answer us there.

Might be a long shot, but try updating your Gfx card drivers. Can't see how it would affect Installing Programs though :S

Can you try downloading and installing something new to see if it works, might be helpful for you as well - Ad-Aware SE. Its a free spyware checker, heres a link:
    http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5

First, tell us if the download/install works. If it does, do a scan too, might help too.

I can't really think what it could really be... maybe the nview.dll needs to be replaced? I don't know.

I do not have mutiple monitors. How do I disable Nviews?? Do I need to reinstall windows .dll, if so how do i do that? Would a complete system reinstall correct this issue?

Thanks!!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try going to Start > Run > type in msconfig > OK. Click the Startup tab > look for Nviews, if there, uncheck the box next to it > OK. Reboot the PC. A config window will pop up, click the box that says 'do not show this again' or words to that effect >OK. If Nviews was running from startup it should now be turned off, but is still available through manual start.