Default what is a php file.

What is a php file?

[quote="Praetorian"]Google it quote]

Hi Praetorian - People visit this site for help. Suggesting they 'Google it', really isn't much help. Yes, we know some of the visitors to H2G are bone-idle, but there are many others that are not and are genuinely seeking assistance, and we assume that a request for information is just that. The issue of just posting links to other sites has been raised here fairly recently. We all use links to other sites, particularly relating to downloads. I appreciate that sometimes it is more satisfactory to post a link for specific details, but if an issue can be resolved 'in-house' this is more of what H2G is about. From a personal point of view, I have learnt a great deal by 'researching' other peoples problems for them.

All that said....Welcome to Help2Go
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi zep - PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor It is a programming language used by web developers to create dynamic content that interacts with databases. Dynamic Content is Web page content that changes or is changed automatically based on database content or user information. PHP is basically used for developing web based software applications. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

The link I provided was a link to a google search of '.php', which in turn gave access to many links on the subject. I didn't have time to browse them myself, but it's still help surely?

Anyway, sorry I answered in the wrong way.

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi zep,

For instance, the entire Help2Go web site is written in PHP - it's what makes the forums and articles "work"
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go