Default Hard Drive Space Missing

Yesterday I assembled a computer and everything is new and seems to be working normally except for my hard drive.

I bought a 400gb Western Digital Caviar Hard Drive from Newegg.com. The drive runs but when I look in My Computer it shows I only have 130 gbs of space. I have only put FEAR and OBLIVION on my computer. How do I make all of my hard drive space available? I apologize for being vague but I don't know exactly what information you need to help me.[/list]

I would think that your 400gb Western Digital Caviar Hard Drive came with directions and those should include how to enable a drive of that size.

Going to have to change the BIOS/MB setting. If you don't have the instructions, visit the Western HD help page for you particular drive. Can your motherboard support a drive of that size ?

BG

What version of windows do you have? I have a suspiscion that only Windows XP can access more than 136GB, so you have windows 98/SE/ME?

I know that I used to have this problem, but I can't remember whether it was fixed because of Windows XP or a motherboard upgrade... but I'm pretty sure it was windows.

Anyone else know for sure?

I am running Windows Xp but it is only a 30 day trial I haven't bought it yet. I was waiting until my next pay check. I assume my mobo can handle it. Its an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe.
    also my hard drive didn't come with directions.

I am running Windows Xp but it is only a 30 day trial I haven't bought it yet.
    Windows does not have a 30 day trail. You have 30 days to register it after it is installed.

Again go to the manufacture web site, for HD, and look the drive up and it will tell you what you need to do so the BIOS will see this large drive.

BG