Default TASK MANAGER PROBLEM

Hi All, I have a problem with my task manager when l press the ctrl, alt and del l get the task manager up on screen but l`m not able to close it as there is not a little cross in the corner and l`ve tried other ways but it stays there, but l`m still able to use the internet so would be very grateful for any advice that may be given please.
    kind regards
    jim

Hi jimlee - How about - 'File'>Exit Task Manager' (That's 'File' in the Task Manager window. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

See attachment, double click right above the word status. This will bring back the task bar.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Spot on, Bear
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks galena1
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.