Default MSGTAG and Thunderbird

I have changed from Outlook Express to Thunderbird and am having trouble getting MsgTag to work i.e. it doesn't. I have changed the server settings, but no difference.

I found this on the MsgTag website, but I don't know if that's the only Email Clients it supports... I wouldn't have thought so... :?

http://www.msgtag.com/support/faq/#clients
    Which email clients does MSGTAG work with?
    MSGTAG works with all email clients that use the standard SMTP protocol. That includes Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Mail and Pegasus Mail.

Couldn't find anything on the Thunderbird website, but they do have a help forum that might know?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The latset version of msgtag intergrates with Thunderbird.
    Personally I hate it and set my email client to ignore them and I am not the only one.
    This tool is used by spammers a lot. Often spammers send emails spoofing the from part. Msgtag replies confirming to them your emil is a rel one. Then standby for more spam.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

I uninstalled MsgTag and reinstalled, so presumably it is the latest version, but it didn't make any difference. I understand about spammers, but it is useful sometimes to know when email has been read. I had been using it for a while with Outlook and hadn't had any more spam. Oh well, thanks anyway; I can live without it.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Oh I forgot you can use the "return Reciepts" built in to Thunderbird.
    Select Options on the Composition window menu bar.
    Choose Return Receipt
    This Sends you confirmation that your message was received or opened. You set the type of receipt in the Account Settings (Tools > Account Settings > Return Receipts).
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.