Default Problems with Edit Button this site

I think I have narrowed down the problem a bit for you. Yesterday I noticed I was unable (despite being logged in) to edit a recent post on the AntiSpyware forum. I was trying to insert a link. There was no edit button! Knowing I had done this many time before on this forum, I tried again today, thinking website was having a problem yesterday, but still no edit button on my reply.

Odd thing, is I went to the Computer Help forum and looked at my recent post there and the edit button IS on my post there. But each time I go back to the AntiSpyware forum post, no edit button.

Bear & BG, I'm not losing my mind, really. :lol:
    SYSTEM SPECS: HP Pavilion p6-2120t desktop, Intel Pentium Quad Core, 8GB DDR#-1333MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMS), HP 23" HP 2311 LED monitor, Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller, Integrated sound, HP SATA 16X HD,
    Windows 7x64 Home Premium; Firefox 13.0.1 default; IE8; ATT DSL 2Wire modem/router; Yahoo Web Mail;
    Comodo FW 5.10 (D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Will raise this with the Boss. Might be an oversight.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Edit button

Thanks Whooze. Osc replied via Shout box it has been removed from that forum. I suspect I know why.
    SYSTEM SPECS: HP Pavilion p6-2120t desktop, Intel Pentium Quad Core, 8GB DDR#-1333MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMS), HP 23" HP 2311 LED monitor, Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller, Integrated sound, HP SATA 16X HD,
    Windows 7x64 Home Premium; Firefox 13.0.1 default; IE8; ATT DSL 2Wire modem/router; Yahoo Web Mail;

buttoni

I really forgot the spyware forum edit button was removed, about a week or so ago.

BG

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We took it off of the spyware forum because the techs there not only need to know the information, but they also need to know how the situation changes over time (to see if the fixes are working).

Allowing folks to edit their posts was just causing problems because the techs couldn't be sure of the progression.
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go

That's exactly what I figured was going on. Thanks for the confirmation, Osc.

No problem, BG.