Default Back up program!!!

hi to everyone!

I would like to know what program you recommend to back up my computer, i have norton ghost , but i wanna try with another one due to i have the old version 2003.

Thanks in advanced.

Ghost is supposed to be pretty good, however me personally just don't like Norton products.

All I do is once in awhile back all my "Important" stuff to my slave drive.
    I am not concerned about backing the operating system programs, etc, as I have all my program disks. I will all ways have two (2) HD installed on my desk top. Granted can't really do this on most lap tops.

I sure other will voice their ideas.

BG

Below are some reviews on backup software.

http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,1738,4798,00.asp
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

thank you very much i'm gonna try those programs.

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite is SyncBack - they have a free version, it's easy, and it backups to network drives, FTP, etc. Very useful.

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

There is no reason to create a full image of a hard drive just to do a backup.
    The main purpose of backups is to back up data. That is, files that would be lost forever should a disaster happen. eg Mp3. photos and documents.
    Software does not come in that catagory.
    In reality an image of a hard drive only needs to be created if new software has been installed, patches and software upgrades applied.
    The cons are that more often than not an imag restore will fail of have problems and if you have not done a normal data backup you will lose the lot.
    If something on a hard drive cause the prblem then restoring an image will also restore the problem.
    So my suggestion is back up data daily, HD image monthly.
    Even then if you did have a hard drive failure and you did have data backed up then a fresh installation of everything would give a far better end result.
    If you really want to create a HD image then the best method is use an external Drive big enough to hold whatever you have on the HD (expensive)
    Using DVD's can take up loads of time and disks. 46 of them for a 200 gigabyte HD.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.