Default Dell Laptop screen rotation

My granddaughter was playing a game using the arrow keys on my Dell Laptop and the screen rotated 90 degrees. Everything I try to do is now angled at 90 degrees and I have no idea how to get it back. I have rebooted and start up is correct view but as soon as windows proper initiated display rotates 90 degrees. Any ideas how to restore screen?

You can try this: Go to start/ control pannel/ appearance and themes/ display/ settings/ advanced. Look for anything that relates to rotation. If nothing there you may need to do a system restore to a time when everything was working correctly. The graphis driver for the viedo card may need to be reinstalled.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

When the Windows Splash Screen starts, or on your desktop screen ... Try holding CTRL > ALT > and the 'up' arrow (all together at the same time, ) on your keyboard. If the up arrow doesn't work, try the left, right, or down arrows until the orientation is correct. (We play this prank on people at work all the time).

Cheers

raa

I just fixed my Toshiba laptop by right clicking on the screen then >> Graphics Options >> Rotation >> set it back to Normal. My son left mine rotated!

raa thankyou so much ^_^
    but now when i press my up arrow key it refreshes the page, and left and right and down arrow keys all move the page down, and my enter key goes to the beginning of whatever i'm typing! =s
    any ideas how to sort that out?
    thanks!

SmokeMyBones,

Start your own post by clicking new topic and some one will help you.

Zep.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.