Default Cannot Locate the CD-ROM Shark Tale

I have a game on CD, (Activision SHARK TALE) which I have installed in my PC.
    Although it has installed completely, when ever I try to play the game, on clicking the game icon I get a message "cannot locate the CD ROM, please insert the correct CD ROM, select OK and restart application" even though the game CD still in the CD drive, on clicking "OK" the game aborts. I have unistalled and re installed numerous times but still I am getting the same message. If I can install the game from the CD why am I am getting this error message even with the same CD present in the CD drive.
    please help me to get this problem solved,
    I am using a AMD Duron 1.6 Mhz, with 40 GB HDD, 224MB of RAM, 52X32XCOMBO CD drive, and Windows XP Home Edition

Not knowing any thing about this game, is the CD required to play the game ? If so, you may have a defective CD, even though you can d/l the "exe" (install the game). The portion of the CD required to play the game could be bad.

If this is an older CD, the disk could be damaged, try cleaning it. If this a new CD return for an exchange.

Even though you system requirements exceed what is required to run it, XP will only run so so with the RAM you have installed, let alone play games well. I would think about another stick of RAM to get some place close to 512.

BG

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you installed any CD-related applications recently, i.e. CD burning apps, CD copying apps, CD virtualization applications, etc.

Sometimes the copy protection schemes on games don't like these applications and it causes the game to fail.

Try these suggestions:
    https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-...i=&p_topview=1

Also, try the support site:
    https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-...p_sort_by=dflt
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go