Thread: Com Ports

Default Com Ports

My connection to the internet is connected but explorer will not find page. At device mgmr I do not see my com ports to check for enabled settings. PLEASE HELP!!! I am connected but browser not working, help! what do I check and how to I check it!? :?

Hi booscliff - Are you saying that in Device Manager there is no 'Ports (COM and LPT)' listed? If it is listed have you clicked on the + to expand the list? You can right click each port on the list, one at a time, and there is a troubleshooting option (assuming XP). What operating system are you using? Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default com ports

When I go to device manager there is no + sign indicating com/lpt ports...i see nothing like there are none on system. I am using XP home on a dell that is less than 1 year old. I need to fix this problem