Default WINDOWS DOES NOT WORK

Hi

could somebody please help me =(. Everytime I start up my computer it frezzes my desktop automatically. I try to click my icons and even the start button does not work. Just a few days ago I ran system mechanic 6 and since then this started accuring. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Thank You.

WIN XP.

Hi bennbro - Can you start in Safe Mode? Turn on the computer and tap F8 as it is starting. You should, hopefully, get a screen with various options, including 'Safe Mode'. Use the up/down arrows to select Safe Mode and hit the 'Enter' key. Assuming it starts in safe mode, try a 'System Restore' to a time before you ran system mechanic.
    To run 'System Restore' - 'Start'>'All Programs'>'Accesories'>'System Tools'>'System Restore'. Follow the instructions.
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

hey, thnx 4 ur help =) it really worked.