Default Possible Hard Drive Problem Not sure though Maxtor 6Y040L0

I have a custom built computer. It has a AMD Athlon XP 2400+ processor in it. A Maxtor 6Y040L0 40 G Hard drive. Only 256 Ram...I have Spybot, Ad-aware, Bullguard and I run checks on Trendmicro just about every two weeks. I empy my temporary internet files atleast every 3 days or so. I really try and monitor my computer. But lately, for the past 2-3 weeks progressively getting worse, my computer has been freezing and restarting itself. Someone suggested maybe my computer was overheating or there was a problem with the hard drive. Anyone have any ideas? Also, everytime I try to format the hard drive and then install windows again, as it is formatting, it always freezes, so far it has only gotten to 84% and then says there was an error and it is something like **STOP 0000 0000 0000 0348 (thes aren't the exact numbers but that is the example of what it is doing.) So I don't know what is wrong. I just love this board and know someone can help me. Take Care and Thanks!!!

God Bless,

Ashley :?:

Really need the exact error message.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Stop erroro mesages tell you there is a problem with some part of the system.
    When you see it again take not of the exact number and see if it matches any at
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/stop_error_messages.htm

Most commone are bad drivers or bad memory
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.