Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No Sound when playing DVD

No sound on windows media player when playing DVD :roll:

I've tried jiggling my speaker cables, reseating my sound card, restarting Windows Media Player (or even my PC) :?:

Will the dvd play in a regualer dvd player?
    Are you sure the speakers are on?
    Do you get sound with other dvds?

Is this a movie? If so, it shouldn't be playing in windows media player, it should be playing in something like cyberlink power dvd or another similar program.
    I LOVE MY COLTS!!
    First Regular Season game in Lucas Oil Stadium - Sept 7, 2008 - I need to be there
    I'm going to the super bowl!

Default No Sound

Yep the dvd works on a regular player, and the speakers are on, now I have the cheap 10.00 speakers is that the problem???? Now the sound works on regular CD. Yes the DVD is a movie bout my other PC plays DVDs with sound no problem. The speakers on the other PC are build into the flatscreen and the DVD plays with sound on windows media player
    :shock: :?:

hmm. I don't know then. I really do think the problem might be windows media player. What version do you have? If you have XP you should have 10.0.

Do you have a dvd player software on your computer?
    I LOVE MY COLTS!!
    First Regular Season game in Lucas Oil Stadium - Sept 7, 2008 - I need to be there

Default No Sound

Win Media player 10.0, and the other software is WinDVD but there still no sound :cry: :?:

maby just maby your dvd rom isn't pluged into your sound card. but since you get sound with cds i also think it is windows. Try cyberlink. they have a trial. so you can try it and if it doesn't work just uninstall it. then come back here. But windows media player has problems with dvds. it is posible to view a dvd on it but sometimes you have problems.

This is the link to cyberlink trial

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/downl...ls_33_ENU.html
    I try my hardest. I try my hardest to do the best that i can! I do the best that i can to learn as much as i can! I learn as much as i can to know that butter on your peanut butter and jelly isn't good! -Jamie Horvath-

Default No Sound

Okay I will give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by proskater123
    maby just maby your dvd rom isn't pluged into your sound card. but since you get sound with cds i also think it is windows. Try cyberlink. they have a trial. so you can try it and if it doesn't work just uninstall it. then come back here. But windows media player has problems with dvds. it is posible to view a dvd on it but sometimes you have problems.

This is the link to cyberlink trial

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/downl...ls_33_ENU.html
    I used to live in Indiana. I miss it.
    I LOVE MY COLTS!!

no offence but this aint a discussion forum its a help forum your supposed to answer peoples questions and not type stuff like oh i miss indiana blah blah blah

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepcs24
    no offence but this aint a discussion forum its a help forum your supposed to answer peoples questions and not type stuff like oh i miss indiana blah blah blah

Matt
    Dude. I've been here a lot longer than you. Mind your own business.
    I LOVE MY COLTS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast