Default Strange Black Screen Error at Start up....help!!

It reads:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware of software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, chose last known good configuration to revert the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous start up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose start windows normally.

safe mode
    safe mode with network
    safe mode with command prompt

Last known good configuration(you most recent setting that worked)

start windows normally

ANYWAYS, THIS IS WHAT THE ERROR SAYS AND I HAVE TRIED MOST OF THESE OPTIONS BUT IT RETURNS ME BACK TO THIS SCREEN HELP?!

THANK YOU

Did you make any changes recently? New video card, sound card, or any other hardware? Did you update any drivers? Charlie

No I did not...what happened was that i accidentally turned of the computer while it was starting cause i stepped on the cord, the next time i started it this showed up

Will it start in safe mode? Before it actually starts in safe mode, you will get a message to hit Y for safe mode or N to go to system restore. Hit N and then pick a time before you had any problems and follow the on screen prompts. It will reboot and reset itself. Charlie

no it will not start in safe mode

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Turning off the computer during bootup should not cause any software problems.
    You say you have tried "most" of the options. Which one/s haven't you tried and why not?
    If you tripped up the power lead than you may need to check the power supply.
    Also if the computer was given a jolt then open it up and make sure all the cards, especially the graphics card, are secure in their slots.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Boot up prob.

Hi
    I have encountered this problem myself after an interupted boot up and had to resort to using my xp disk to conduct a repair.

Follow these steps
    (1) Place your xp cd in the rom drive and boot up. You should see this message :-
    PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD. Press enter and windows will load, allow it to fully load before next step.

(2) Press R that will take you into the recovery console.

(3) Next you will be asked which installation of windows you want to load, press 1 (making sure your numbers are enabled) then enter.

(4) You will now be asked for your administrator password, type this in and press enter. (If you do not have a password just press enter)

(5) Next type chkdsk /p then press enter. Remember the space after chkdsk. If no problems are found
    exit and reboot. If problems are found move on to step 6

(6) Type chkdsk /r then press enter. This process can take more than an hour so be patient. Exit then reboot.

Regards,Adamski.