Default security software included with DSL VS. Norton

Is free security software included in our new DSL subscription(SBC/ATT Yahoo)sufficient? We have been using Norton anti virus, our subscription for virus updates just expired. I understand that if I choose to download the security software from SBC/ATT I need to uninstall Norton. Should I renew Norton or download the security software from SBC/ATT. We also have a new computer with a trial of Mcaffee that is expiring soon.

Hello

You will not find to many people who will tell you to renew Norton here at this site. Many people here have had problems with it, but there are few who have had little or no difficulties with it. I have not head much of anything about the security programs provided by SBC/ATT. Here is a link for some recomended programs (firewalls,antivirus,spyware) many of which are free :wink:
    http://www.help2go.com/article152.html
    If you decide that you want to stick Norton that's fine, but if not it is important that you completly uninstall it before installing a different antivirus. It is not a good idea to have more that one av running at one time.

benc

Hi dilorona - If you intend to remove Norton you should use Symantec's own tool to ensure everything is removed. It is available at the link below, complete with instructions. You will obviously ignore Step 3. Regards
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome