Default keyboard and beeping

Ok here i my problem.When I started my pc today I encountered an annoying nonstop beeping only to find that I was unable to use my keyboard as well. I ran adiagnostic and it said keyboard functioning normal, I then ran a diagnostic on the mthrbrd, also no problems found. my mose works fine thank goodness, andam able to communicate using the on-screen keyboard. The beeping continues the keyboard still unusable. Can anyone help me please.

Is the keyboard connected via a PS2 connection or USB? Also what version of Windows are you using and what is the make & model of your PC?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I use windows xp, compaq pc, compaq preario, amdathens xpprocessor, ps2 keyboard, tells me plugged into keyboard port and device is working properly. I have installed all windows updates and still the beeping continues and cannot use keyboard, I was going to try recovery from startup but alas without a keyboard this is not possible. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

I use windows xp, compaq pc, compaq preario, amdathens xpprocessor, ps2 keyboard, tells me plugged into keyboard port and device is working properly. I have installed all windows updates and still the beeping continues and cannot use keyboard, I was going to try recovery from startup but alas without a keyboard this is not possible. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi - Continuous beeps indicate memory or video card problem. Switch of the pc and remove the casing/cover. Touch a bare metal part of the casing to discharge any static. Make sure all memory sticks and cards are pushed fully into their slots. Replace the cover and turn on the pc and see if this has fixed it. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome