Default scsi/raid host controller error

I have just looked in my device manager and the scsi.raid host controller has a yellow question mark and gives error as below
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) i am running windows XP pro my pc seems to be running fine what can this be .
    the only thing i have done lately is uninstall epson printer and install lexmark printer,any advice please.
    thanks Angel.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Try these options: On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. Click Uninstall, and then click Scan for hardware changes to load a usable driver. Restart the computer in Safe Mode, and then select Last Known Good Configuration. This rolls back to the most recent successful registry configuration. As a last resort, you can edit the registry directly.

Partieā„¢

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This happens on new systems that are SATA ready.
    When the MOBO's software was first installed the option to use SATA was probably activated but the drivers not installed.
    You can either disable SATA altogether in the BIOS or simply install the drivers from the Motherboard's installation CD.
    The latter will not affect anything and will allow you to swap from IDE to SATA drives later if you wnat to.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thank you both for all your help i will try do as you said and let you know how i get on .
    Angel.