Default PS2 Mouse drivers

I am using Winxp Home Edition, I have a 3 mhz processor with a PS2 MOuse. something has corrupted my mouse drivers. As per the trouble shooting I"ve deleted and reinstallled the drivers but this does not correct the problem. I've ran Adaware, Spybot and AVG looking for something and so far nothing. I can use an USB mouse on my computer and it works fine. Is there more I can delete or look for to fix this mouse issue?

Thanks
    Doug

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I take it you're talking wireless mouse? If so, and drivers have been updated, clean the mouse, replace batteries. Wireless mice are not all they're cracked up to be ... check around your PC for electronics like wireless phone etc .. these can interfere.

Default Mouse

NO I use a PS2 mouse, hardwired. I've had to switch to a USB mouse to be able to access the programs as the other mouse flies all over the screen and activates things without even pushing a button. It will not stop where I need it to and the only way I can use the computer right now is with the USB mouse. I am not sure if something was opened that messed up the computer. In troubleshooting it says delete the drivers and let windows reinstall them, tried that and no luck. Any other ideas? And thanks Canuck I was out your way a month ago, beautiful area.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

We've seen this problem before, I think the only solution is to get a new one or return if not too old. Unfortunately in this throw-away-society, mice are cheep and do not last forever. Perhaps others will put in their 2 cents.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This is a common problem with Logitec USB mouses. (no they are not Mice)
    The cursor seems to have a mind of it's own.
    Do not use Logitecs software.
    Uninstall the logitec drivers if they are installed and reboot.
    Microsoft should find the mouse as a new device and load the default drivers. You will still have all buttons and wheel actions there just none of the real fancy stuff.
    Some other mouse devices are rebranded logitec.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.