Default Warning sound & Message while up loading websites.

Hi, recently i notice that there is a message right below my website address bar. There is a warning sound when I try to upload a web page.
    The message goes:

((Your security settings does not allow web site to use active X installed on your computer. This page may not display properly.))

How do I get rid of the warning sound and this message? Thanks!

What operating system do you use? And what browser?

Hi - Assuming IE - Open 'Internet Explorer'>On the top toolbar, click 'Tools'>'Internet Options'>'Security' tab>'Custom Level'. Detailed in the list are various options to enable/disable/change ActiveX controls and plug-ins. After you have made changes click 'Apply'. It's best to make a note of any changes you make so that you can return them to their original settings if you want. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

cdm

Do you have a pop-up blocker installed? You can turn it off by going to tools - pop up blocker - turn off or disable it manually from your startup.
    If it is to be me, it is to be me.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

ActiveX is the hackers friend so most security applications disable it.
    What you can do is allow ActiveX on certain sites while keeping you safe from the not so nice sites.
    These settings are in both browsers and firewalls.
    Using exceptions instead of blanket permissions is a safer way to do things.
    In IE for example you can add safe sites to the trusted zone. Zone ALrm has similar settings.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.