Default Internet explorer

I recently upgraded to version 7 but i hate it as it's causing problems on other sites.My trouble is i can't seem to get bk to a earlier version,even when i deleted all of them i thought.I am using mozilla firefox for now but again don't care for it to much when i can't delete previos pgs i've been to.Does anyone know how i can get this done(going to ealier version of internet explorer),otherwise i will have to reboot complete system.I run on windows xp,for home

Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs. Now check the box that says show updates. You should now see Internet Explorer 7 in the list. Simply click it and choose remove. This will revert you back to IE 6. HTH
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyesvn
    I am using mozilla firefox for now but again don't care for it to much when i can't delete previos pgs i've been to.
    To fix this, click tools>options>privacy>history. Change "Remember visited pages for the last _ days" to 0. Then click the "Clear browsing history now". Then click "OK"
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Default thank you Bear

but this was the first thing i tried and it's not even on the list.My son found them by searching but when he tried to download was saying either something missing or we have better version.

Default I all ready tried this bear

but i did try again.

Default thank you

i was able to clear files in mozilla tyu2, i managed to get rid of internet explorer with my system restore. I now have trouble playing on pogo though,it seems when i'm waiting to get in room to play a game i'm taking out and right back to to start up pg on computer.Hope someone knows what i can do with out me rebooting system.this also happens when i try and download something(java)

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Go to Control Panel then Add Remove Programs.
    Uninstall ALL versions of Java. You may find you have more than one.
    Now go to www.java.com and download the latest version and install it.
    This should fix the POGO problem.
    As for IE 7 it is a beta version which menas it will have bugs.
    You can keep it and get the updates as they become available and just use Firefox. It will not affect Firefox.
    Also Opera can emulate IE6 so you could choose that as well.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

ok i did this and yes i had 2 different ones,but i can't seem to delete the one it says error in downloading. I also tried to use my window cd for the repair option but guess what i have on here is newer then cd. do u know of a way to delete that one.going to try deleteing it from windows explorer.

Default ok thank you

I got it all done and fixed now,seems i had to usae wizard to finish downlaod so that i can take it out and redo download.