Default Search for suitable conversion software

I want to burn my movie series into dvd but I have problem to convert .dat video files into .vob dvd files. I try conversion software that i have to convert it but the output for .vob files use too much space.So i only can burn 2 movies into 1 DVD-5 disc(4.7 GB).That mean i need use a lot of dvd disc if i want to burn one season series.I need the output for 1 .vob files is less than 1 GB.So i can put 4 or 5 movies into 1 DVD-5 disc.Any suggestion about software that can fulfill my needs.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Suggest you try DVD Shrink , do a Google search for the download.

DVD Shrink

address edited out
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Bear,

The link you've given is not for the download. I didn't give the address for the following reason
    DVD Shrink is freeware. However, due to U.S. laws, we can't host nor directly link to it.

Please use the following search engine below to find your own copy:
    They give the Google search engine. I think the same will apply to H2G as it's a US based web site. For this reason, I'll delete the link you've given. Hope you don't mind and understand. Thanks .. Canuck

Sorry Canuck

Bear: crawls back into his corner
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

VOB is the files createdready to burn as DVD so they can be played on a stand alone DVD player.
    You have three choices. One is convert each file to DIVX. This will give you the smallest possible files size at the best possible quality. The downside is that to view the video on a TV your DVD player must support Divx.
    The second is as suggested using DVD Shrink but to use that the files still have to converted to the VOB structure prior to shrinking. So you will actually need more space. Original video, DVD structured files and the saved shrunken files.
    Considering that few people rewatch TV series why not use DVD-RW or DVD+RW disks (whichever is suitable for your DVD player)
    That way you can re-use the disk after viewing.
    If you want to keep the series then upgrade to a double layer burner and use double layer DVD's. This will give you 4 hours full DVD quality on each disk or a minimum of 4 episodes per disk. You may even get the entire series in DIVX format onto one double layer DVD.
    Double layer DVD are not rewitable.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.