Default Need firewall for Win.ME

I am finally installing DLS next week on my computer and I have spyware and virus scanner covered per your previous advice, but I have been unable to find a reliable firewall that will run with Windows ME. I am operating a Compaq Presario laptop 1400, and I will have DSL through Bellsouth, and keep AOL.

Does anyone have any advice for a firewall I could install??? I would like to get this downloaded when my DSL arrives.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Hello

You can use any pre version 6.5 Zone Alarm firewall with Windows ME.

Resource link: http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...ry=US&lang=en#

Here is the link for the diffent versions available to download: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

Clark76
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Default Need Firewall for Win.Me

Bear - I just posted you a note but don't know where it went. Thanks for the info and Outpost looks good so far.

Clark 76 - Thanks also. I have not seen many good reports on Free Zone Alarm but it is interesting they have versions you can go back to for different window programs. I will check this out more.

Emjay