Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't read all files on CD-RW

I have 641 files on a CD-RW saved thru INCD 5 and all at once I can only see 40 files. The CD says it is formated with INCD but for some reason it will not show all the files. I am running Windows XP SP2. Can someone help?
    Thanks.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Try installing the InCD reader. http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/Suppor..._4_Reader.html

Partieā„¢

I already have INCD 5 installed. It doesn't change the little Icon in the tray when I put this CD-RW in, but does change when I put other CD-RWs in.

I went ahead and downloaded the Reader but it will not let me install it because I have a newer version of Nero installed. I was wrong about the version of INCD. I have version 4 not 5.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

There are a couple of possibilities here. 1) RW disks are not the most stable medium to save to. Data can be easily overwritten and as the data is not burnt in deep, can also be damaged. With the cheap price of CD's today, you'd be better off saving them to CD using the 'multi session' feature instead. 2) I've found InCD to have some bugs, not only in the recording process, but it seems to also effect the pc's ability to recognize the writers themselves. I ended up uninstalling InCD. The Nero program itself is great, thank goodness InCD is a stand alone product.

After telling you all this, it still leaves you with the disappearing file problem. Try this free program called PC Inspector http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm just click the download tab at bottom of page. Hope this work for you, keep us posted.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I have many a coaster courtesy of INCD.
    It may have been the only alternative once for using a CD like a hard drive but CD-RW replaced the utitity
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

I download the program PC Inspector File Recovery but unforinately it only will recover files on a hard drive. It doesn't even show the CD writer.
    The program is good for the harddrive and I thank you for telling me about it.

It will scan disks/cds and floppies too. Make sure you disk is in the PC. then scan .. the drive should show up, you'll need to go to Physical Drive Tab to see it. Highlight drive > Find logical drive > in the 'select Sector Range' click the green check mark > go back to the drive and you should be able to now highlight it and click the green check mark (you may need to scan twice for some reason). After you check, the CD tree will appear .. check the various sub branches and see if you can find your missing files > carry on to the next steps.

You are right! But the CD has only RAR files on it and the website says it does not recover RAR files. That's why I thought it didn't work. Do you know any program that will recover RAR files?

Thanks for this progam, in any case.

Try giving tis a shot http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/d...ar_files_info/ , Have no idea if it will work, but worth a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast