Default Where's my disc players?

I used my dvd player last weekend and now it won't work. Nor does my cd player. Went throught the troubleshooter and they can't help any. The pop up says Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) and for the cd player its the same except that its code 22.

Thanks for the help.

I would try going to the manufacture's web site and try downloading new drivers.

Since you last used the DVD and CD player have you downloaded anything new?

Clark76
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If that doesn't do it, open up the tower an make sure the wires are secure and while you're at it, buy a can of compressed air and clean out the dust. Just a thought..........

Hi - A Code 22 is a disabled device.
    For your cd player - 'Start'>'Right click 'My Computer'>'Properties'>'Hardware' tab>'Device Manager'.
    Click the + next to 'DVD/CD ROM Drives', this will expand the list.
    'Right click' the CD player in the expanded list. Another menu opens click 'Enable'.

For your DVD - Follow the instructions above and at the final menu select the option to 'Update Driver'. The Wizard opens. 'Check' the button 'Yes, this time only', and follow the prompts. You may get lucky and Windows will find you a suitable driver. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome