Thread: help please

Default help please

I have a program on my lap top called Spyware Terminator and it apparently found some spyware and deleted it. while it was deleting it for a very brief second i seen it say it was deleting iexplore.exe and i think it was cmd.exe plus a bunch of other stuff i missed.

anyways ever since then if i turn on the laptop it starts booting normally it shows the windows xp screen then goes to a blue screen.

Spyware Terminator

Summary
    Total Files : 0
    Deleted Files : 0
    Deletion Failed : 0

Elapsed Time : 0s
    then from there it just restarts and continues to do this over and over again.
    It is a Toshiba Satelite Laptop running Windows XP Professional..

has anyone ever heard of this or know how to get the computer started ?

forgot to mention it will not go into safe mode now either

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Suggest you go to their forum http://forum.spywareterminator.com/ and see what their experts have to say. Looks like some have had to reinstall Windows.

I have tried Spyware Terminator on one of my computers. While not having the problem you have, I have found that I am unable to install some programs that I have installed on other computers. The bottom line is, Spyware Terminator has not chased out all of the bugs. I am uninstalling it and going back to my previous setup. Post your question on the site suggested by Canuck. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator

When your computer is completely turned off there's a screen that comes on either with the logo of your laptop manufacturer or a black screen with white text basically giving you some hardware info or it does both starting with logo first then black screen/white text right after that you should see the Windows logo and the loading progress bar (that blue bar that goes across the bottom). What you want to do is turn on the computer and right before the windows boot screen shows up tap the F8 key until you get the boot options menu. From there, if you're lucky, select the "Disable automatic restart on system failure" option. After selecting that option you will be faced with the option of which operating system you want to boot (hopefully) and if you are select Windows XP Professional (usually the very first thing in the list). That will hopefully at least give us an idea of what errors you are getting. Please post back with what is displayed in the Blue Screen with white text especially taking note to text with underlines (Like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) and also the Stop error numubers that will be something like 0x00000001 or 0x000000a etc etc.

Partieā„¢

edit: by the way: iexplorer.exe = Internet Explorer (usually) and cmd.exe= Command Interpreter (usually)