Default PLEASE HELP My PC LOCKS UP! ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME! :)

Packard Bell I media

Windows XP service pack 2 Home Edition 2002
    3.06 GHz Pentium 4 processor
    1.00GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 6200Le (with latest drivers installed)
    Not too sure of my sound setup think it's Realtek Audio (newest drivers)

I have an exactly the same setup downstairs and it runs Battlefield 2 like a dream!

3.06 GHz Pentium 4 processor
    1.00GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 6200Le

That is why I am really stumped...PLEASE READ ON.

PROBLEM

Computer locks up Doesn't respond to Ctrl + Alt + Del when playing 3D high mem usage games such as BATTLEFIELD 2. More often than not a continuous sound loops for a short while then the pc will reset itself, however sometimes this is not the case... When it doesn't auto reset, the sound will just continue and after many attempts to unlock it Ctrl + Alt + Del ect an Error Message sometimes comes up.

BSOD...

nv4_disp.dll

and all the tech info that message has with it.

I have latest direct X, have posted many topics on bf2s.com for technical assistance, some suggested my CPU was overheating, so I downloaded SPEED FAN and it said my CPU is a cool -55 (MINUS 55!) I knew that was odd but it deffinately wasn't overheating. My GPU was also not too hot something like 85' c I think...is that too hot?

Also PLEASE HELP ME, when it comes to uninstalling my Nvidia Drivers to either re-install or update, I go to controll panel, add-remove programs then click Nvidia Drivers but when it starts to run the uninstall program, the TYPICAL windows error message PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING ect pops up!!!

I am so frustrated, I don't know much about BIOS but someone suggested something about that to me but I would need step-by-step technical assistance.

Also have the latest patches for Battlfield 2 and America's Army...(which it too locks up in).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED!

I'm so pooped

In safe mode:

Under Device manager click on the '+' sign next to DISPLAY ADAPTERS and give a right click on the NVIDIA Adapter and select uninstall and click OK on the Confirmation POP UP.

Now using the nvidia disk reinstall the drivers.

Thank you, will try it now...

Hi

If that doesn't work... try this :-

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4432

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -