Default my lcd monitor does not respond to my new graphics card

Hi everyone..i have a dell dimension 2400 and i only have a pci slot so i bought a ati radeon 9250 pci.
    - first i disabled my intergrated graphics card and restarted
    - then i entered the F2 this before the computer starts and went to intergrated devices and chose "on" to everything and "no boot" for USB emulation.
    -fixed my new graphics card into the slot and plugged my monitor cable ( the blue thing ) into the slot of the newly fixed graphics card.

but when i turn my computer on, my monitor does not respond. It acts like the blue cable is not plugged in but the worst thing is that it is!

is my lcd monitor not compatible with ati radeon 9250 256mb?

says in my device manager that my monitor is Plug and Play Monitor.

i hope i have given enough information on my problem and hope for a quick reply

leo

Hi Cupid -Did you install the software from the cd before connecting the monitor? Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

yes i did install the driver from the cd..but come to think about it, when i double click on the Ati catalyst control center, it says driver is not found, please install driver. The problem is i already did install the driver from the given CD. Then i remembered another message showed by catalyst control center warning is that The catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the displays manager. I do not know where the displays manager is. I went to device manager and under displays adapter theres only one choice which is the integrated display adapter.
    I think it would be awesome if someone could give me a link to the drivers setup. I went to ati.com and even downloaded the drivers there but im not sure if i downloaded the right one.
    im using Microsoft Xp home edition.
    the graphics card is ATI radeon 9250 256mb+

thanks galena1 for the reply!

Hi Cupid - Go to the link below and follow the instructions - Set a 'System Restore' point before you start so that if you have any problems with the download you can wind it back. Be sure to select the correct option for your Connection Speed.
    To set 'System Restore' -
    'Start'>'All Programs'>'Accessories'>'System Tools'>'System Restore'.
    The Wizard will open, just follow the instructions to create a new restore point.

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/d...estionID=22264
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

sorry for a late reply, i tried installing the driver from the given website but i received this warning message:
    Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software.
    i have the graphics card fixed into the slot when i ran the setup.
    please advice me what to change or do
    thanks

Hi Cupid - Try - 'Start'>'Control Panel'>Double click 'Display'>''Settings' tab. Just below the 'small screen' is a heading, 'Display', witha drop-down menu. Expand the menu by clicking on the 'down' arrow. Do you have any options to choose from? What are they? ( My options are - Viewsonic, the Monitor, on Radeon 9800Pro, the graphics card). Is your graphics card detailed there, possibly with 'Default Monitor'? Regards.

EDIT: Did you install the Microsoft Net Framework?

For my display properties, there is no drop down menu for the Display:
    because it only says
    Plug and Play Monitor on Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics
    color quality Medium 16bit or Highest 32bit

and for my device manager, under display adapter theres only Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller...
    Its like my computer is not even detecting the new graphics card.

oh and yes i did install microsoft framework 2.0

I have exactly the same problem with a Dimension 9150/Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX and Hanns-G 19" widescreen

Hi Cupid - Picked this up off the Intel site -
    To reverse the primary and secondary display adapters, enter the BIOS setup and look for a setting called "Primary Video Adapter" or something similar. Set this to "PCI" if the PCI video should be the primary display adapter. Set it to "Integrated" or "Onboard" if the integrated video should be the primary display. Regards.