Thread: Ipod problems.

Default Ipod problems.

hey im having problems with my ipod. when ever i plug it into my usb port my whole computer freezes. therefore i cant put any new songs on my ipod. ive tryed plugging it into another computer and it does the same thing. ive gone through 2 ipods with this problem. im thinking i might have a virus in my computer and whne i plugged in my ipod it transferrd onto my ipod. :cry: if anyone thinks they know whats goin on please help me out thank you.

bradeng

Try going through all the steps in this link to determine if your computer if is infected.

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...wtopic/t,9709/

I would also not be plugging your ipod into other computers till your problem is sorted out. I don't think others would appreciate you infecting them if that is your problem.
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Have you tried uninstalling I-tunes, then downloading the latest version and re-installing? Once you can plug the ipod in without freezing the computer, you can make sure you have the latest version of software on the ipod with the Ipod updater. i-tunes and ipod updater are available from the ipod website. If you run an update, it will delete everything on the Ipod, but it will just reload from your computer.

Make sure you have a backup copy of your mp3 files before you do anything.

Charlie

ya thx i did that but not working still

Member Help2Go Moderator

this wouldn't happen to be one of those video iPods is it? I do know quite a few of them were shipped with a virus on them.

Partieā„¢