Default computer soundless

can someone out there help?

Hello Alferdedward,

Go to: 'Start> 'Control Panel'> 'Sound Speech and Audio Devices'> 'Sounds and Audio Devices'. Make sure the "Mute" is not ticked.

If your using external speakers make sure there plugged into the green socket.

If you have a keyboard with a volume control knob on it the volume can be muted and unmuted by depressing the knob.

If none of that helps post back with your system details and the operating system you are using.

Reguards,

Skygel.
    System Setup:
    XP Home (Service Pack 2)
    1800Mhz - P4(R)
    40G - ROM
    760MB - RAM
    AVG antivirus

Hello Koikane

I find it difficult to spend my time trying to help you when you yourself cannot seem to spend the time to make the body of your post more informative than the subject line. You are the one in need. I am not currently experiencing any audio problems with my machine, in fact I'm enjoying a fantastic piece by Nina Simone. Reach out to the community and the community will reach back but do not expect the community to stop, bend down, and pick you up.

Of course, this is my view and perhaps my view only and my views posted here and there and everywhere are mine and not necessarily shared by the rest of the community.

Cheers
    'Everything is relative', said the speed of light.

Quote Originally Posted by 53V3N
    50rry g33z3r,

1f y0u c@nn0t sp3nd th3 3n3rgy p05t1ng @ m355@g3 w1th m0r3 d3t@1l5 th@n y0ur 5ubj3ct l1n3, th3n... g0 w@5t3 50m30n3 3l53'5 t1m3.

Ch33r5
    What (edited by Canuck) are you going on about 53V3N? We speak and read english here at Help2Go. So please type in english and not in some off the wall code or chat lingo. :wink:
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by 53V3N
    50rry g33z3r,

1f y0u c@nn0t sp3nd th3 3n3rgy p05t1ng @ m355@g3 w1th m0r3 d3t@1l5 th@n y0ur 5ubj3ct l1n3, th3n... g0 w@5t3 50m30n3 3l53'5 t1m3.

Ch33r5
    What (edited by Canuck) are you going on about 53V3N? We speak and read english here at Help2Go. So please type in english and not in some off the wall code or chat lingo. :wink:
    Hello Bear (and Canuck)(and Everyone)

Though I find it odd that my reply would ellicit such a response from you that another member should feel the need to re-organise, it also brought about the heartiest laughter I've experienced in a long time and it felt great and I thank you both, most sincerely, for that.

My message to alfrededward was a direct response without considering that others in my community would have to rubix-cube their way through the message while reading through the posts. Yeah, of course... now I get it, Bear (and I mean right "now" as I'm typing) why you might be upset. With great humility I apologise. I would not blame you for feeling offended. Thank you for helping me to gain a greater understanding of this community. At 19 days old in the virtual community world I appreciate the expanded awareness of this entity that I am now a part of and future posts will certainly reflect as much.

Cheers
    'Everything is relative', said the speed of light.