Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dire help needed

hey all i am in some dire need of help right now

i just got a new pc game, medieval 2 and i wanted to play it

i have 2 computers in my house, an hp pavillion zv5000 with 512 ram and plenty of memory and an older desktop with the same amount of ram and a good amount of memory left

so i go and try to play the game on my laptop first and i install it and though i thought i met all the requirements, it says pixel shader 1.1 is needed to play this game. From what i have researched pixel shader 1.1 seems very old and i shoudl have it considering i got this computer in early 2005 and i am easily able to play the sims 2 and rome total war and zoo tycoon 2 great on this computer and i would think those games would require pixel shader 1.1, but maybe not? if they do, (i dont know where to look as i am not very good with computers) what could have happened to it, and if those other games didnt need pixel shader 1.1, then why wouldnt i have it and how may i get it, would an upgrade do it or would i have to buy a new videocard?
    my current videocard for this computer is a Nvidia Geforce4 420 go 32m
    so is there any way i can get medieval 2to run on that ?

so then i tried my desktop, and i seem to be getting very unlucky as my reliable dell desktop suddenly stop reading all dvd's or games, as they are not under my computer and any of the drives, as they all come up empty, but when i put a MUsic cd into those, it reads it fine. Could i have maybe turned off an option somewhere stopping it from reading ALL dvd's and games i put in there or did something happen to it, and any idead on how to fiz it would be greatly appreciatted

overall, any advice for either or these 2 topics would be GREATLY APPRECIATED AND I AM EXTREMELY SORRY SO SUCH A LONG POST, I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I PUT IN ALL THE DETAILS
    any advice at all is greatly aprecciated thanks a ton

Welcome to the site:

To be honest this is not the first place to seek help with game problems.

Not many gamers here. Do a Google search for your problems.

BG

i did, but i dont rlly understand some of the stuff they are tlking about and most of them i dont really know if they relate to me?
    so do u have any other suggestions??

Suggestion work on 1 computer and 1 problem at a time.

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Where_can_y..._graphics_card

ok lets work on my laptop, can i buy a new videocard for it or is it like attatched to the motherboard, i dk how to check

Here is a link for your lap top learn how to search for answers by typing key words into google. Also go to the hp site to learn about your laptop.

go here to find out whats in your laptop i have feeling you have no clue:

www.belarc.com click the down load button at the top of the page this will create a profile of everything in your laptop.

Hi Portis - Download and run the free program at the link below. The program will produce a system report of the computer you run it on. Under the heading 'Display' will be the details of the Graphics card you have installed (if any). Regards.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

THIS IS WHAT CAME UP ON THE SCAN, I DONT REALLY KNOW WAT IT MEANS, BUT CAN I JUST GET A NEW VIDEO CARD OR IS IT LIKE IN MY MOTHERBOARD?? (sry for caps, not trying to be rude)

System Security Status
    CIS Benchmark Score
    Unknown
    Available only for Windows 2000, XP Pro, and 2003

Virus Protection
    OK
    Up-to-date

Microsoft Security Updates
    Alert!
    4 missing

Computer Profile Summary
    Computer Name: Alex-6a521af4f7 (in MSHOME)
    Profile Date: Friday, November 17, 2006 7:31:52 PM
    Advisor Version: 7.2a
    Windows Logon: Alex

Click here for Belarc's System Management products, for large and small companies.

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) Hewlett-Packard Pavilion zv5200 (PL996UA#ABA) F.35
    System Serial Number: CND4431SLV
    Enclosure Type: Notebook
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    1.60 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Compal 08A0 32.42
    Serial Number: CND4431SLV
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
    BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.35 04/28/2005
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    60.23 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N [CD-ROM drive]

TOSHIBA MK8025GAS [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n X4FM4599T, rev KA024A, SMART Status: Healthy 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'S1' has 256 MB
    Slot 'S2' has 256 MB
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 80.02 GB 60.23 GB free
    Network Drives
    None detected

Hi Portis - Well that's part of Page 1 . My report runs to 6 pages. Run it again and scroll down to the heading 'Display'. What does it say there? There's no need to copy the whole report here. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

HAHA sry i didnt know

NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M [Display adapter]
    Default Monitor (2x)
    Seiko Epson 15.4 [Monitor] (15.4"vis)

that is what was under display, if that isnt good enough to play the game, is there ANY CHANCE at all i could upgrade it or buy a new one without having to replace the motherboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast