Default what died on me? ....battery? power supply or motherboard?

Playing a game of civilization after downloading a new driver for the graphics card a day before.....suddenlt at one point my laptop screen just goes black (not sure if it shut down).

I restart with no problem and at the same point of the game the same thing hapens.

But I can not restart any more.

When plugged into electricity, the laptop starts starting up, but shuts itself down after 1 sec. (Only the LG screen appears for a 1 sec and the loading bar gets about to 50%)

When not plugged into electricity, it does not sturt up at all, when pressing start up button, the battery light ¨control¨goes on and right away off.

If anybody knows what could it be, please let me know the difficulty or possible cos to fix this problem. (I have replaced my hardisk and I guess, it can not be difficult to replace the battery at the back of the laptop which comes off just by pressing 2 buttons. But motherboard? : :?

actually....when plugged in....the battery control stays up. But it does not start up. It tries it, but only for like 1 sec.

Take the battery out of lap top now plug it in an try it battery could be a problem. Zep...
    Also make & model of lap top.
    Operating system
    Ram amount.
    Where did you down load driver from sounds like problem started there so you may have to uninstall & reinstall driver witch you should have downloaded from the manufactures sit.
    Is the lap top overheating?

if i take out the battery it does not start up at all. not even for that one sec.

the driver has worked just fine for couple of days and it was downloded from the manufacturers site

Its an LG LS 50a model, 512MB RAM 1,7 Ghz centrino processor, windows xp

it is also not overheating and it has a liquid refrigeration

thx for your help anyways

Default UPDATE

When I unplugged and plugged in again the laptop it would not start at all. I waited 5 minutes and it started for 1 sec. I waited 2 hours and it started for 5 MIN! Windows loaded and I was writing an e-mail in outlook when suddenly the screen goes BLACK.
    The weirdest thing, it did not go completely black, at the background I could see very very hardly the outlook program and the laptop would still be running.
    I turned off the laptop and tried to restart....it would do so only for 1 sec.

I am going to wait for couple ofhours and I will try to install the orginal graphics card driver from the LG CD I have.

I still do not have a clue what this could be tho.

Next time this happens, shine a flashlight on the screen. If you still screen the stuff on the screen, the backlight on the screen is not working.

BG

firstly it would have to start up at all