Default How to restore Toshiba Protege M400 w/ Windows Tablet Editio

I have a Toshiba Protege M400 which seems to be infected with viruses so I have decided to do a complete wipe of the hard drive and restore. Only problem is this is a Tablet PC so has the Tablet Edition of Windows XP. It didn't come with any restore disks and Toshiba wants $110 to provide the service of restoring it for me. They won't send me the discs but require me to send it in which I know can take some time. Is there a way to actually get these restore discs or Windows XP Tablet Edition without going this route or is this the only way to do it?

Member Help2Go Moderator

Doesn't the hard drive contain a recovery partition for you to restore the computer?

edit: well i guess from the looks of their manuals they don't have a recovery partition. That's sad

Partieā„¢

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Hold your horses. You paid for the Operating System. The retailer must provide you with a restore disk or the original Windows installation disks.
    Have you taken it back to the retailer? That would be my first place to go.
    You can also check with Microsoft to see if the copy of windows you have is legitimate. If not sue the retailer.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.