Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Windows Firewall....

Hai friends...!
    I need your help.
    After downloading Windows Service Pack 2, I also got windows firewall. I have already having ZA (free edition) firewall installed on my system. Now the problem is, I am unable to open mozilla firefoxbrowser. Always I am getting the server is not found message.
    What I should do now ? Please somebody respond.

My system details : Win XP(home), 256 MB RAM, ZA firewall(free edition) and windows fire wall. Other anti virus programmes like AVG, Spybot, and Adware are also there.
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught

Hello

Which version of Firefox are you using?

Firewalls are like antivirus programs, run only one of each. Disable your Windows firewall. See if you can now use Firefox.
    Which version of Firefox are you using?
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Do not ask for my help via pm. Keep it in the forums so all may learn from it.

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

How to turn off the Windows Firewall

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283673

I recommend you turn off the Windows firewall and use Zone Alarm, the Windows firewall is only able to block incoming traffic so it's really rather useless anyway. As Clark said you only want one firewall running at a time. Having more than one running will cause conflicts and may cause your system to freeze up. JMHO
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Hi ...Clark 76. Nice to meet you.
    I am using 2.0 version of Firefox.

Hi... Bear ....
    I will follow your advise, as soon as I hear what Clark76 has to say. OK.
    Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught

vasista

Like Bear I recommend using ZoneAlarm. After you disable Window's firewall, see if this fixes your problem. I would also clear your cache.

Advanced -> Network -> Cache -> Clear now

Let us know if this works
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

My help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

I am unable to disable the windows firewall for the reason 'on' and 'off' , both the radio buttons are appearing dull, not active. Neither I can click.
    You please see the screen shot.
    Please advise.
    (I AM SORRY SIRS, THE SCREEN SHOT WITH BMP EXTENSION IS NOT ALLOWED BY HELP2GO.)

vasista

It sounds like you are trying to turn the firewall off from the security center.

Try doing this
    • click start
    • control panel
    • (in classic view) Windows Firewall
    • select off
    • click ok

Let us know if this works

Clark76
    Proud Member of ASAP
    Proud Member of UNITE

Clark76...
    I already mentioned the 'on' and 'off' buttons are dull(inactive). I am unable to operate neither. You, please suggest me an alternative.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Make sure you're signed in as administrator.

Hai Canuck.........
    How can I sign in as an 'Administrator' ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast